Working from home?
When your home also becomes your office – as has recently happened for a lot of people – being efficient can be a challenge…..but it’s not impossible!
Most homes are able to achieve faster download speeds, but this is only beneficial if the business’s file server has the upload speed to handle the traffic. Add more than one user to the mix and slow speeds quickly becomes a big source of frustration.
Ezi-web is focused on managing the impacts from increased traffic on our network the best we can in order to minimise any changes to service speeds for our customers. However, having an average type of internet service can greatly affect your ability to work remotely. How do you maintain reasonable access to files, photos and documents when working from home or remote offices if you are experiencing slow speeds?
The solution: You can install your file server or storage device in a Datacentre, which helps to ensure business efficiency whilst working remotely through the provision of high-speed access. Ezi-Web’s Datacentre now provides this facility for local businesses! If you’d like to find out more about how we can support you working remotely, contact us on 1300394932.
Lastly, here are a few tips that we’ve collated from various articles about ‘working from home’ that may make your experience easier and help you to keep working productively:
1. Set up your office in a room specifically designated for work (not a couch or bedroom!) and ensure it’s clutter free.
2. Set yourself to regular work hours (and work when you are most productive).
3. Plan your day (including breaks, see No. 5) and know what your priorities are.
4. Dress like you are at work, not like you are going to the gym or for a walk on the beach!
5. Make sure you move as well as hydrate! Take regular breaks, stretch, breathe and drink lots of water.
6. Stay connected with your colleagues (which also means ensuring your internet connection and WiFi coverage is optimal). Visit www.ezi-web.com.au to find out more about how we can help you with this.
7. Most importantly, don’t let work encroach on valuable family, friends or ‘me’ time. If you planned your day as per No. 3, then stick to it!